deliciously ella exercise

6/1/16 Recipe Failure

00:35Alice's Antics


Today I attempted my first real life recipe, as inspired by Deliciously Ella, and it failed miserably. I created a brown rice, sweet potato, spinach and feta risotto which logged in at 403 calories per portion, pretty good for an evening meal. However it was pretty unsuccessful! I eat brown alternatives quite a lot, and due to having tickets to the cinema I quickly did some boil in a bag brown rice, because as most people know, the real stuff takes forever. And it just didn't compare at all! I've got my parents on side of the healthy living change and it's so helpful having family support so you can all do it together! They really liked the risotto but it just wasn't for me at all! If anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate them!

In the meantime this was my food diary of the day:
Breakfast:
1 wholemeal thin kingsmill toast
2 tsp peanut butter
1 low fat strawberry yoghurt

Lunch:
Avocado and chicken on 1 slice of rye and spelt sourdough

Dinner:
Sweet potato, spinach and feta risotto (brown rice)

Snacks:
1 large banana


There was a lot of carbs today which I know aren't great, I'm trying all of the healthy alternatives however rice and bread in one day was a pretty poor effort, although completely unplanned! Tomorrow is a non-carb day so let's see how that goes!

I can do this.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Contact Form